Sunday, November 25, 2012

Lots of work!

Since my placement was later than the rest of the class this Thanksgiving week has been a push to get all the information needed for the class complete.  As I look back at the 15 hours of classroom experience, I do feel that versus breaking it into 2 hour sessions as suggested by the school, 8 hour sessions are much better.  It is much like 1st date versus 3rd date.  By the end of the day, the students were acting like I had been there always.  The students in the classroom are much more likely to allow you to be involved.  Colleges need to do the placement of all students within a 2 week time frame.  Other college students have had 1 1/2 months to complete the assignment where I have a week.  You could not work ahead since you needed to be in the classroom and what age you were working with needed to be determined.  Aside from these items, this requirement of being in the classroom was very rewarding.

No comments:

Post a Comment